Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Robbin' Hearts series by Diane J. Reed

She is also an awesome writer, 'Robin in the Hood' by Diane J. Reed is the first book I've read of her, it's cool, fun and it will make you laugh too. I met her on fb, and the second author I spoke/ chatted with. Then her second book 'Stone of Thieves' is also awesome which was released in June this year.It was generous of her to provide me a signed copy. The third book 'Sherwood's End' which is WIP will be released soon, which I can't wait to read.

"There's a little magic and outlaw in all of us, especially when it comes to finding true love."

So, here's my reviews: 

Review of Robin in the Hood

Robin in the Hood (Robbin' Hearts Series #1)Robin in the Hood by Diane J. Reed
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*I RECEIVED A COPY FROM AUTHOR FOR AN HONEST REVIEW.*
Robin McArthur thought she had her life all figured it out how she wanted, until her father Royle McArtur suffers from a stroke. Her life what she thought crumbles and she learns her father is in dept and they are broke. She loses her loyal BFF: cold, hard cash . To escape form all the debt collectors Robin decides to flee along with her father where no one could find them and end up in backwoods trailer park. When she decided to flee the hospital her journey started as an outlaw.
I just loved the story it's beautiful. I loved all characters. I loved Robin's wits, she made me laugh. Her first bank robbing or should we say charity case. Her thinking is hilarious. Diane kept the character of Robin like a teenager and not exaggerate it. Robin's behavior and mind set were like they should be that's what connected with me. There robbery in Cincinnati kept me on edge. I was happy they got succeeded after the obstacles but it just went down the drain when they reached Turtle Shore which was sad. I felt the thrill of there every escapes and felt the emotion of Robin, I want to do the same things she wanted about the situations and let me feel what Robin felt which left me enjoying her journey and the story. And the fact I loved about the story that luck is actually with Robin from beginning when her robbery/charity case then her real robbery in Cincinnati about her knowing the vault code. Her birthday wish OMG! I was laughing out loud, when she found out her birthday date was also a lie till now.
Dear Lord, I prayed from the bottom of my heart- I snuck a peek at my dad again, only to see him turn his face and study the ground.
Please help us get enough money to save Brandi.
And keep me away from sharp objects near my dad.
Or else I swear to you, I'm gonna go straight to Hell for burying him.

She also found people in Turtle Shore who loved her no matter what and she found herself a family she craved for. They all took care of each other.
Another fact I loved is main characters didn't deny their attractions for each other and just embraced it. They didn't deny what they felt which is sweet. Falling for someone can be easy, it doesn't always have to complicated with characters fighting their feelings. Loved Creek because he ain't afraid to love someone again after his heart being broken.
His personality is awesome, he taught her true wealth was found in people's hearts not in their pocketbooks , well not only his but Robin's also, her journey to grow responsible and Creek guiding her through her journey. To do anything for their loved ones and keep them happy and safe, even defying law, which is the main theme of the story.
There's a little magic & outlaw in all of us, especially when it comes to finding true love
The writing is nice, is not fast nor slow the Author Diane just ease you into story and engulf you in the story. There is romance, adventure and the quirky characters, they will make you laugh. Loved everything!
Great story!! and enjoyed reading, completed in one day. A must read book.

Review of Stone of Thieves 

Stone of Thieves (Robbin' Hearts Series #2)Stone of Thieves by Diane J. Reed
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*I was provided PB copy of the book for an honest review by the author.*
Stone of Thieves is second book in Robbin's Heart series and it is standalone. But you should read the first one also to know how Robin's journey started.
"Is it any wonder I became a bank robber?"
But she never dreamed she'd fall in love..."

You will wonder how she became a Bandit or Gypsy Queen and her journey in falling in love.
This book is AMAZING!!! She never thought her life will change within three months, from being Robin McArthur to Robin McCracken to Rubina de Bargona.
Robin and lupo bianco Creek are on a journey to Venice to find Alessia, Robin's mom, so Creek can have her whole complete heart and she can have closure. Both with broken of pieces heart helping each other to mend and be one, completely together.
"In healing you Robin, I heal myself," he breathes. "I don't know where that bastard asshole is who killed my mom. And maybe I'll never know. But if I can make one woman's life better, to prove to her that love can be okay, that it doesn't have to hurt and it can last forever, well then maybe I can prove that to me, too.

Imagine E for C. C+R
It is an amazing journey to find the lost love of mother-daughter, bringing her mother back to home to her father who always kept Alessia in his heart and overcoming curse of Stone of Thieves. And it was hell of a journey, thrilling adventures kept me on edge but Robin's wit saved from getting heart attacks(if not true, as I wouldn't be writing this ;)lol). Thanks! to Author for mercy.
...,but Creek grabs me before I can slide to my death on a Venetian Street below.
"S-Stop right there!" I command, holding up a quivering hand and feeling like my heart is about to halt.
"H-How do I know you're not a ghost? How can you possibly be alive?"

Love can overcome any obstacle, curse and powerful vengeance. I loved the whole journey. Robin found her heart, her mother and her whole family, now it's Creek who have to do the same and I can't wait to know what is going to happen and excited to know an end to the magical journey of finding true love.

It's a must read. I completed in eight hours (yes I counted, not counting in sleeping hours. Now, I don't know what to with myself, I'm looking forward for third book. <3
 Warning: The second book is intended for 17+ readers.

View all my reviews