Thursday, 30 October 2014

Review of Date Out Of Water by DelSheree Gladden

Shark Out of Water(#2 Date shark) by DelSheree Gladden released last week on 21st October. Let me tell you it's an Awesome series! And the first book Date Shark is free! So grab it, you won't be disappointed.

Shark Out of Water is about Guy San Laurent (Gee SanLauren, he doesn't like when it is Americanized). 

Blurb of Shark Out Of Water 


Guy Saint Laurent is too busy cursing his sister for roping him into taking over Eli's Date Shark business to prepare himself for the slew of bizarre women he's about to get involved with. This is the last venture he intended to take on, but somehow he's just become Chicago's newest, most reluctant Date Shark.

On top of dealing with bug-toting, mothering, obsessive women, Guy faces personal tragedy that changes his outlook on life, whether he wants it to or not. He's not sure what it is about Charlotte Brooks that draws him in, but getting her off his mind after a brief encounter proves impossible.

As Charlotte tries to help Guy deal with his loss, he begins to get the impression she's hiding something from him. He knows he could simply walk away, continue as he always has, but he suspects whatever she's hiding, she won't be able to face it alone.

Charlotte is the one woman who can capture his attention, but she may also be the one woman capable of breaking him.
 

My Review

Shark Out of Water (Date Shark, #2)Shark Out of Water by DelSheree Gladden
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow!! It was awesome!! which is not that shocking cuz DelSheree's all stories are.
I never thought of Guy (Gee, don't want to upset him) that much in Date Shark but got to know him more closely; his thoughts and his life. I loved the whole story. Him being Chicago's newest, not-so willing Date Shark was really nice. This story showed new side of him, which I didn't thought of him in first book. The journey through the book was heart warming.
Love it!!! <3
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the second time me reading the book, first being the rough draft, I got the opportunity to beta read the book. It was nice as said in the first review got to know Guy.
The second time reading was awesome with all the edits and changes. It was PERFECT!!
I love Guy even more, he is sweet, just awesome! His french and his accent, lol made me grin, Oui!! His endearments, just melts me especially ma cherie , mon petite amie . It sounds so sweet, well imagining him saying but it ain't hard to, I was in tune with Guy it was natural, just love him.
All the family Carmody Eli, Leila (my fav couples, now Guy and Charlotte too) Vance, Sabine, Guy's parents and every in the book are awesome!! They are a big family.
Little ones were just sweet Waarren, he is adorable and understanding but also a kid, love him too and Lilly, just can't say how adorable both are, the book is so well written, it was a movie watching experience.
The zoo scene, where Guy's fear for Dumbo, made me see his point of his weariness. In first book it was so hilarious, every time I saw dumbo pic on fb and let me tell you it was often I can't stop laughing but now I just can't. In first part I thought he was dork, but this book, wow I'm happy to got to know him.
The last chapter was PERFECT!
The whole journey was sweet, sad, some moments filled with dread for Charlotte and happiness, it is Awesome.
A definitely a must read!!



View all my reviews
FREE ON AMAZON
Date Shark (Book 1)


ABOUT THE AUTHOR

DelSheree Gladden
DelSheree Gladden lives in New Mexico with her husband and two children. The Southwest is a big influence in her writing because of its culture, beauty, and mythology. Local folk lore is strongly rooted in her writing, particularly ideas of prophecy, destiny, and talents born from natural abilities. When she is not writing, DelSheree is usually reading, painting, sewing, or working as a Dental Hygienist.