Friday, 5 June 2015

Review of The Wall (The Woodlands series #2) by Taylor Nicolle Taylor

Second day and review of the second book in The Woodlands series. It gets more and more interesting as we move further in the series. If you haven't read yesterday's post about the first book and the review click Here 
And if you didn't guess from the title The Wall, what wall? Here is the hint ;)



Picture

 Title: The Woodlands (The Woodlands #2)

Author: Lauren Nicolle Taylor

Genre: YA Dystopian

Series: The Woodlands series

Publisher: Clean Teen Publishing

 

GR

 

 Synopsis 

Joseph, wake up, wake up, wake up...

She says it over and over. It’s her mantra, her prayer, her plea. But life doesn’t stop while he’s sleeping. With a newborn baby in her arms, Rosa's thrown into a new world, with new rules and a philosophy that sounds too good to be true. She’s sure they didn’t rescue her out of the goodness of their hearts. The Survivors must want something in return.

The Wall finds Rosa eagerly entering a new life, yet struggling to keep the demons and ghosts of the past from dragging her backwards. She’s left so many people behind.

There’s freedom in the Survivors’ world, more than she’d ever dreamed of, but there’s also secrets. The darkest of which pulls Rosa headfirst into a trauma, forcing her to reevaluate her past and pushing her to make a choice that threatens to destroy the tenuous, sewn-together family she’s built on the outside.


 Trailer

 

                      

My Review

The Wall (The Woodlands, #2)The Wall by Lauren Nicolle Taylor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Awesome!!! Amazing!!!
WoW! This is series getting more and more awesome and addictive. The author now also sucked me in the story. I just can't help but feel every emotions of Rosa. Even though she acts selfish sometime but it's so real that I just can't seem to express and explain. The story is speechless. The fear of unknown when they reached the wall (Great wall of China). Will it be same as woodlands or will it be safe place from there.
Then the bonus chapter, chapter from Joseph's Pov. Yes that's a bonus chap for me :D I wanted to see his point of view and even it was one chap I got it. YaY! not only for me, for anyone who adores him.
Then the matter with Cal, I just wanted it to leave behind, I was sad but I don't wanted to think about him. Ugh! I just can't figure out my emotions.
The rescue mission had me on the edge of my bed and has now too. So, badly I want to know what happens next.
The end! The end!! Does it always end with finding person with one blue eye and other brown. In first the baby and now .... Nope not telling you. You have to find out, you will before she expresses it in the story, I did and it was awesome!
And yes she found Rash! Lol he made me laugh.
I hope they get home without any obstacle but I know that they will face them. But a girl can hope.
It's definitely a must read series and book!

View all my reviews


Could get the book on the following sites


About the Author 

Lauren Nicolle TaylorLauren Nicolle Taylor lives in the lush Adelaide Hills. The daughter of a Malaysian nuclear physicist and an Australian scientist, she was expected to follow a science career path, attending Adelaide University and completing a Health Science degree with Honours in obstetrics and gynaecology.


She then worked in health research for a short time before having her first child. Due to their extensive health issues, Lauren spent her twenties as a full-time mother/carer to her three children. When her family life settled down, she turned to writing. 




                Follow Lauren Nicolle Taylor on following
Facebook    Twitter    Website    Goodreads    Pinterest
Check out tomorrow for the review of third book in the series.