Monday, 22 June 2015

Review of Watch Me Burn (The December People series #2) by Sharon Bayliss

Watch Me Burn is the second book in The December People series. There are two more books in the series and am excited for their release. How do I know? Well if you love a story you obviously ask how many more books will be there. I'm excited for them. Yesterday I posted review of first book if you haven't read it check it out Here and don't forget to enter the giveaway!!
But first can we just look at the beautiful cover for a minute. Love the cover!!

23460382 

Title: Watch Me Burn (The December People series #2)

Author: Sharon Bayliss

Genre: Urban Fantasy

Series: The December People



GR

Blurb

David Vandergraff lost his home, his job, and contact with his oldest son, but remains determined to be a good husband and father despite being a dark winter wizard.

His resolve is tested when a flyer for a missing girl--who happens to be a summer witch--begins to haunt him. David believes a spell needs to use him to save her, so he follows the magic's command and looks into her disappearance. His teenage daughter Emmy resents him for caring so much about a random stranger. But when she uncovers some disturbing evidence close to home, she begins an investigation of her own.

David and Emmy quickly learn that the mystery is not only about a missing girl they barely know, but a deeply personal story that impacts everyone they care about. As their world crumbles, they fear the warning may be true—never mess with summer wizards, because the good guys always win.



Trailer

 

                      

My Review


Watch Me Burn (The December People #2)Watch Me Burn by Sharon Bayliss
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved it! More than the first book!! I can't wait for third book!! I want to read it now. Author Sharon Bayliss took it to a whole new level. It was like the story was flowing in front my eyes, like watching a movie. I'd love to see this as TV series. In this book also I'm really confused about Jude. And the end, the end!!! I was like are the next pages missing? It wasn't a cliffhanger but it was a mild one but have to wait for it in the next book. I don't know what new things about magic world will be added in the next book but I'm excited for it!!!

Edit: I read and finished the book today which is 21st June; Summer Solstice AAaaa! Lol! You will understand when you read the book haha. But am excited about this book and next one and next after next Eeeek!

Inline Comments


"So, where were you?” Dad asked.
“I was at a strip club smoking crack. And then I robbed a convenience store."

Lol, I like her.


"Rule 1. Magic is bad,” Emmy continued. “Rule 2. Never do magic. Rule 3. No , seriously magic is always bad. I really mean it this time. And so on, and so forth."
I'm liking her more and more.

Patrick figured that nearly getting burned alive had been enough to shake Xavier back to life. He had the look of someone who had woken from a coma to find the hospital burning around him.
Well I think that is kind of true and funny to imagine.

Yeah, but still. There is a reason why wizards still carry cell phones. Steve Jobs bested us on that one.
Omg! Lol! I'm loving it more and more

View all my reviews

 I finished reading the book yesterday, so that's why I was excited at the coincidence of the Solstice and the story line revolving around the subject. So on that occasion author  Sharon Bayliss is having an awesome giveaway on her blog. So check it out Here


Get the book on following sites

About the Author


As a child, Sharon enjoyed playing in mud, collecting frogs, and was so certain that there was a ghost in her closet that her mother admits that she half-expected to really find one there. She began writing her first novel at the age of fifteen (handwritten in a spiral marked ‘private’).

A proud Austinite, Sharon never saw much sense in moving anywhere else and got her degree in social work from the University of Texas at Austin. As an author and social worker, she has devoted her life to making the lives of real people better and the lives of fictional people much, much worse. 

When she’s not writing, she enjoys living happily-ever-after with her husband and two young sons. She can be found eating Tex-Mex on patios, wearing flip-flops, and still playing in the mud (which she now calls gardening).

 



     Follow author Sharon Bayliss on following
Facebook     Twitter     Goodreads     Website