Sunday, 26 July 2015

Review of Otherworlders by Angela Cavanaugh

 

Okay as I said yesterday here is the review of The Otherworlders. I enjoyed it very much and the concept was cool! I just gobbled it. But now as I'm out of the book rush I think the rating I would give now is 4.5 stars but that is approximately five so...
  So check out below to know more about the book. I'm just doing this really fast as I've to do solve revise some math problems. I've a test tomorrow, wish me luck.
 And this cover is new one. At first when it changed to this one I was like okay but at that time I've not read the book but I love this cover now and I think it was good idea to change to this.



 

Title: Otherworlders


Author: Angela Cavanaugh

 


Genre: Sci-fi 

 

GR 

 

  Synopsis


When a virus threatens humanity with extinction, the desperate and dwindling number of uninfected seek refuge in a parallel universe. The technology is untested. The other universe is unprepared and one thing is made violently clear: they are not wanted.

As a weaponized, fatal virus mutates and threatens to kill all life forms on Earth, Special Agent Williams and the government conspires to send the healthy away. After space travel and going underground are ruled impossible, all that remains is the theoretical technology of an autistic savant: escaping to a parallel universe. But their arrival is met with suspicion and hatred. To evade persecution, experimentation, and to save their lives, the Otherworlders must find a way to escape, survive, and outwit Agent Williams murderous double.

My Review

OtherworldersOtherworlders by Angela Cavanaugh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is total amazeballs. I loved it. I've been wanting to read this book for quite a while and lol I've forgotten what it was about just that I've been wanting to read it. Finally! I read it, after reading the book I don't remember if I read the synopsis, I don't usually, I like to just go into books head on (my gut feeling is good, there are only few books I didn't like which I can count on my one hand). Wow the plot line is amazing. It is little sci-fi, a little dystopian, a few with political agenda and drama, oohhh a mixture I really enjoyed!
I liked how it took from multiple POV's in third person, from different set of groups and how is the situation there. Then the characters, there are like no main characters to save the day. The people become the main character when the occasion rises. And getting glimpses into heads of people whether it be protagonist or antagonist or normal people who may rise to occasion.
I liked the pace and the length of the novel; 428 pages ( I like big books). When I told my friend today about the book she was like she wants to read it lol! Hope it is a series.
An enjoyable hooking read!

View all my reviews

Get the book on following platforms



About the Author

meauthor
Angela is a writer living in Los Angeles. She is a two time recipient of an Honorable Mention in the L. Ron Hubbard Writers of the Future Contest. Her debut novel, Otherworlders, has been well received. She is a contributor to The Future Chronicles. She also publishes flash fiction regularly on her website. She has many upcoming projects, and is excited for the future.

Contact Links