Saturday, 15 August 2015

Give Em Pumpkin To Talk About by Joyce and Jim Lavene Extras: Story behind the Story

So as I stated I wanted to know from where Jack got his name from? But then I also wanted to know about Sarah as well. Then where the story came from and so on. So I asked Mrs Lavene about it and she answered them. Thank you Mrs Lavene for taking your time to answer them.

 I like knowing what author thought and all the backstory behind that story. It makes me more connected to it. And I don't think I'm the only one. 

 If you didn't saw my review click Here. If you don't know what the book is about check out the synopsis below.

25726901 

Title: Give Em Pumpkin to Talk about


Author: Joyce and Jim Lavene


Genre: Cozy Mystery


Series: The Pumpkin Patch Series

 

Publication Date: 4th August 2015 

 


GR 

 

Synopsis

 

Richmond attorney Sarah Tucker returns to sell her family’s abandoned farm in Misty River, Virginia despite unanswered questions about her grandparents’ disappearance sixteen years earlier. Sarah was only twelve when she went to visit and found her grandparents had vanished. No amount of searching has brought answers.

Now Sarah is faced with other issues when a man is killed who claimed to have information about what happened to her grandparents. She learns of a Confederate chest of gold that is said to be buried on the property, and treasure hunters who are willing to do anything to get their hands on it.

Were her grandparents murdered for the gold? Sarah can’t sell the land and go back to her life until she has answers. But the cost of the answers may be her life.

Includes farm-fresh recipes!

Buying Links








So now the Extras I was talking about! (which turned into Q&A)


Me: I want to know whether Jack's name was inspired from the variety of pumpkin as it is related to pumpkins or something else? 

Mr. & Mrs Lavene: Jack's name actually comes from one of our favorite movies, Nightmare before Christmas. In it Jack was the Pumpkin King. You get the idea.

Me: What about Sarah, where does she get her name from?

Mr. & Mrs Lavene: Sarah is actually a friend of ours who grew up on a farm close to us and has moved to the city. We hope she finds her roots again someday.

(I hope she does. The content below was bonus for me.)

Me: Where did you got the idea to make Sarah's grandparents' disappear? It is kind of creepy and intriguing to just disappear into thin air, like poof!

Mr. & Mrs Lavene: The grandparents' disappearance comes from a true story that we learned of when we lived outside Duluth, Minnesota. An elderly couple disappeared from their home with everything looking as though they were about to sit down and eat.
Their family and members of the community looked for them but they have never been found.
We thought it was heartbreaking and intriguing. What happened to them? How.could they have disappeared without a trace?

(I really wouldn't have thought it to be true. It makes me think and to think this can happen really gives me shiver. It really is heartbreaking to not to know and wonder about them.)

Me: Which was difficult part to write in the book?

Mr. & Mrs Lavene: The hardest part to write in Give 'Em Pumpkin to Talk About was Sarah.
Neither one of us could imagine giving up her grandparents' land that way. We aren't city people but had to imagine that we were.

Me: Who is your fav character in the book?

Mr. & Mrs Lavene: Saying that, our favorite character in the book was probably the land. You can't write a setting without thinking of it as a character.
It has its own personality and nuances. A good book brings the setting close to it with the human and animal characters.

I think we need a dog in the next book!

~~o0o~~

Yes we do!! I love reading about animals in the books! They are their own characters and bring fun to the story. I can't wait to know what the next book in this series will bring. 

If you haven't checked this book out then you should. I loved it and I'm definitely sure you will as well.

And Thank you Joyce and Jim Lavene for the answers and giving backstory on the story and the characters. There is always a story behind a story, I had fun knowing about Give Em Pumpkin to Talk About and I hope you also enjoyed reading it.

About the Authors

Joyce Lavene and Jim Lavene are a wife and husband team who have written and published more than 70 books since 1999. They live in North Carolina with their family and enjoy cooking, photography and ghost hunting. 

 

 Contact Links


Website

Goodreads

Twitter

Facebook