Sunday, 30 August 2015

  Review: The Five Kingdoms of Severi by Dora Gonzalez

 

25308750 

 

Author Name:  Dora Gonzalez
Book Title:  The Five Kingdoms of Severi (Book One: The Keys of Destiny)
Genre and Sub-Genre:   Fantasy/Heroic Fantasy; Young Adult
Word and Page Counts:  93,902 words and 372 pages
Publisher and Publication Date: Big World Network April 6, 2015
Book Content Rating:  2 PG-17 – Some adult content but no details (mainly due to some mild foul language)
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Dora-Gonzalez/e/B00VR5BV4G/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1
Tour Duration and Description:   Aug 23 - Aug 29

GR


BLURB

In a time of peace and treaties, the five kingdoms of Severi lay unguarded and open to the dark hearts of man. Terdune, a neighboring land that had been at constant war with Severi, was defeated over twenty years ago. All threats were eradicated and its lands left without a ruler. Now a new evil reigns in Terdune and slowly makes its way to its adjacent sister.

When Edwin’s village is attacked, he is forced to travel halfway across the second kingdom to the King’s Hold. Along the way he must learn the true power of the gifts that were bestowed upon him and discover the meaning of the dreaded fate attached to them.


 

 

My Review

The Five Kingdoms of SeveriThe Five Kingdoms of Severi by Dora González
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this very much! I'm really happy to add author Dora González to my fav authors. The writing style captivated me from the beginning and had me hooked to the story.
The story is from multiple perspective in third person which I loved cuz it fitted perfectly with the story. I loved the different POV's of characters. I liked to know them all and how all of them added to the story line.
Edwin is the main character in this most of the time lol. As I said earlier it has multiple POV's which made me feel everyone was main characters even the POV's from antagonist (I don't mean the main villain but a character who can get on the good side).
So Edwin and Alden are the main characters but I enjoyed the POV's of their parents. I liked that fact cuz I've not read YA books from parent's POV which was new and great for me!
I liked Alden in beginning but by end I liked Edwin more. They were both nice.
I loved this book and am looking forward for the sequel and Dora's writing. Got the book in exchange of an honest review.

View all my reviews


 

 

 

About the Author

Picture 
Dora Gonzalez is currently working on her third novel. She enjoys writing the occasional short story, dabbing in flash fiction, getting lost in a video game, and hunting down the next book to fall in love with. She also loves to paint, design book covers, and go sight-seeing. She lives in Texas with her son and three miniature poodles.

 






Author Links

 Facebook

Twitter

Goodreads 

Pinterest

Google +