Friday, 9 October 2015

Review: Spell Booked by Joyce and Jim Lavene

So this is the first book in Retired Witches series. I read the second book first and my review for the book is Here. I enjoyed the second book so much I wanted to know more! And so I read it, enjoyed it even more even though some things were spoiled for me but it felt like I was reading a prequel. 

21911686


Title: Spell Booked
Author: Joyce and Jim Lavene
Series: Retired Witches Mystery #1

GR

Synopsis



Once upon a time in Wilmington, North Carolina, three witches ran a curio shop named Smuggler’s Arcane. But as the years passed, their magical powers started to fade—leaving them no choice but to conjure up a retirement package…  

Before they could blink their eyes or twitch their noses, Molly, Elsie, and Olivia somehow became eligible for AARP. But they can’t fly off to Boca Raton just yet. First they must give up their magic, recruit and train three new witches, and pass on their cherished spellbook.

They’ve barely begun to consider potential practitioners when Olivia winds up dead and their spellbook is stolen. To honor their friend and reclaim their spells, Molly and Elsie are about to go wand-to-wand with a dangerous young witch more powerful than the trio was in their prime. And this time they’re going to need more than magic up their sleeves…


~o0o~

My Review 


Spell Booked (Retired Witches Mystery #1)Spell Booked by Joyce Lavene
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Enjoyed it! I read the second book Looking for Mr. Good Witch before and I really liked it! So obviously I wanted to know more and how it all started. And the background info on my fav characters!
It felt like I was reading prequel to the series. I love Olivia lol she is my fav character!
So Olivia is murdered, it's sad but funny as well. I'm not going to say anything cuz it is mild spoiler. But the adventure and mystery behind finding who the murderer is cool! And then the other problems Molly and Elsie and Olivia were facing about their fading magic.
Really cool series and I'm excited for more!!

View all my reviews

Get the book on following sites






About the Authors

Joyce Lavene  

Joyce Lavene and Jim Lavene are a wife and husband team who have written and published more than 70 books since 1999. They live in North Carolina with their family and enjoy cooking, photography and ghost hunting. 

 

 Contact Links

Website

 

Goodreads

 

Twitter

 

Facebook