Sunday, 3 January 2016

Review: Strikers by Ann Christy

Well today is last day of my holiday. Tomorrow onwards the longing for weekends will start. Lol! I'm already looking for Friday to come fast. Hate Mondays! But I'm happy to have my mind filled with the recent book Strikers which I finished today. 
I'm in love with the cover. I just love it! Check out about below.

22735474

Title: Strikers

Author: Ann Christy

GR 

 Synopsis 

One hundred and twelve years after the fall, the Republic of Texas is built on two foundations: total freedom and total responsibility. A law broken means a strike against the lawbreaker. Five strikes means execution. The only hope for the law breaker is to escape Texas—to go Striker—before justice comes for them.

Sixteen-year-old Karas Quick has never had it easy. The daughter of a Striker and an alcoholic mother, she’s gotten everything she has the hard way — even the strike on her neck. Yet try as Karas might to stay above-board with the authorities, there are some things you just can’t plan for.

Like seeing the face of her long-lost father paraded through the town square in chains.

In the blink of an eye, Karas’s life changes forever. Potential strikes be damned, she has to see her father one last time. What she discovers propels her upon an unimaginable journey, one she can only hope she’ll survive.

~o0o~

My Review


StrikersStrikers by Ann Christy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Cool!!!! Enjoyed the book very much. Some of the scenes had me holding my breath... it was intense like anything can happen. And shouldn't let my guard down along with characters. I loved Karas then the sunshine personality of Cassi.
Just at some things I couldn't connect Karas when she compared things form her past life and what she was seeing or been told in present. Cuz I didn't get to know Karas and others what their lives where there. So I couldn't connect with that part.
But enjoyed the book and look forward for the next one. This book do stand alone and I felt it to be one but the stalker (a safe one) of authors I saw there is second one being WIP so cool!! Looking forward for it!

View all my reviews

Get the book on following







About the Author

 

 

AnnChristy2014SuperSmallI’m a recently retired Navy Commander and secret science fiction writer. Since retiring, I work on my books as obsessively as I worked for the military and I still can’t figure out what I should wear if I can’t wear a uniform. I live by the sea under the benevolent rule of my canine overlords and a variety of unruly family members.
My first published series, Silo 49, cemented my desire to write fiction and it’s paved the way for a whole slew of new books. Strikers, Yankari: A Talking Earth Tale, The In-Betweener as well as a bunch of creepy (or creepily-cool) stories in published anthologies have already come out. And there is so much more to come.
I love to hear from readers so drop me a line! (No, really, I’m not even just saying that to be nice. I really do love to hear from readers!)

 

Follow author Ann Christy on following sites