Friday, 22 April 2016

New Release and Review of A Big Play Novel series by Jordan Ford

The new release is The Red Zone by Jordan Ford which is the second novel in A Big Play Novel series. There are going to be four books. The Playmaker, The Red Zone, The Handoff and Shoot the Gap which follows Colt, Mack, Finn and Tyler; The Raiders of Nelson High. 
If you like Romance Contemporaries in Young Adult genre then these books are for you. Even if you don't just try cuz they are enjoyable.
The Playmaker is my fav among both but have to wait till last two books come out. 
The Playmaker is adorabl and The Red Zone is intense. And they are perfect for my hopelessly. no hopefully romantic self. They are amazing Summer Reads
Check out below to know more.

2954986029926982

 add to goodreads

Synopsis of The Playmaker 

This is it—Tori Lomax’s senior year.
Her last chance to leave Nelson High without a bucketload of regrets.
Number one priority—get Colt Burgess to fall in love with her. So what if he’s the Raider’s number one playmaker? So what if he’s so far out of her league, the idea of them together would rupture the school’s social order?
She has to try, before it’s too late.
She’s come up with the perfect set of plays. All Colt has to do now is buy into them.

Colt Burgess wants one thing: to play football after high school. But his grades are tanking and his dreams of playing college ball are fading…fast. He shouldn’t waste time on Tori Lomax. However, she was a friend back in middle school, and he can’t really ignore her small request for a favor. How hard can it be to get the guy she’s lusting after to notice her?
He’ll help her out, and then he’ll focus on what’s really important: football.
Assuming he can stop thinking about her…



Review

 




The Playmaker (A Big Play Novel Book 1)The Playmaker by Jordan Ford
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved the book! I completed reading in like four hours which totally shocked me cuz the book is like 300+ pages and it didn't felt like that. I'm so excited with for the series. I rarely read contemporaries and especially young adult ones. I know now where to go now when I wanna read the genre.
The writing is cool and easy to follow. I liked the characters especially Tori, I know she is the main character but her uniqueness and quirkiness was adorable. And how she bounced up with her bright smile. I fell in love with her through Colt's eyes. They are so freaking cute!
Whenever I think about them I've this cheesy grin on my face. I'm so freaking excited to know more about other characters in the book. And eek I'm reading the second book now. So I'm gonna go continue my reading and you go start reading this book.
 

 Synopsis of The Red Zone

Mack Mahoney is hot, popular and used to getting exactly what he wants…until he sets his sights on the new girl—Kaija Bennett. She’s an exchange student from New Zealand and attending Nelson High for three months. Mack’s never been one for love at first sight, but this chick has him feeling things he never knew existed within him and in spite of her feisty rejections, he’s determined to get to know her.

Kaija Bennett did not escape her New Zealand high school only to be dragged into the popular crowd at Nelson High. She’s on the run from a past she wants to forget, and the attention of the gorgeous quarterback is not helping. Can she resist his pulling power and keep her secret safe? Or will the dynamic football captain unearth the truth and make her fall harder than she ever has before?
   

Review

 

The Red ZoneThe Red Zone by Jordan Ford
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed it very much but The Playmaker is my fav among them. I loved getting to know the sied of Mack cuz dang it he is adorable. Raiders have soft side of them which I'm enjoying getting to know. First Colt, Mack and am excited especially to get to know Finn.
My fav part were from Mack's POV. I like Kaija and loved her devlopment to be a better person. The whole Kaija situation reminded me of manga Silent Voice. It has the same concept.
I couldn't connect to the situations Kaija faced but that doesn't mean I didn't get it. I loved how she owned up her past and become a better person.
I liked the banter and pranks Mack and Kaija played with each other. And I'm hopeless romantic no I'm hopeful romantic, and these characters are making me even more of a dork for this genre. Lol, I enjoyed the book and am even more for the last two book in the series. Got the arc in exchange of an honest review.

View all my reviews

There are two giveaways going on author's website so do check it out!

 The books

 

The Playmaker             The Red Zone


Amazon In                       Amazon In
Amazon US                     Amazon US 


About Author 

 

Jordan Ford
Jordan Ford is a young adult romance author.

“Writing high school romances brings me the greatest joy. My heart bubbles, my insides zing, and I am at my happiest when immersed in a great scene with characters who have become real to me.”





Social Media Links

Facebook        Website        Instagram