Tuesday, 17 May 2016

Review: Bound by Prophecy by Melissa Wright

17793570

Title: Bound by Prophecy 
Series: Descendants series #1
Author: Melissa Wright

Synopsis

Twenty-two-year-old Aern is done watching his brother destroy the only thing that matters. He never wanted to take Morgan’s place among council, never wanted to rule their hidden world. But when the key to the prophecy is found, a young girl named Brianna whom Morgan will destroy, Aern knows he has to take action.

What he really wants, is for things to go back to normal. But now he’s kidnapped a girl, and his brother’s men are after him. His only hope is to join with the Division, but they have plans of their own, and it’s the last thing Aern is willing to do.
Emily just wants her sister back. She doesn't care about the prophecy, or realize what’s at stake. But when she goes after Aern, the truth of the matter uncoils, and Brianna isn't the only one who’s in danger.

Suddenly, they’re at the center of a secret war, and unless they can work together, they’ll both have a sacrifice too big to make.

My Review


Bound by Prophecy (Descendants #1)Bound by Prophecy by Melissa Wright
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

****3.75 stars****
Enjoyed the book! It is short and I read it in a day. I loved how it began with action. Main leads running away from bad people who are trying to capture them. I loved it cuz it had me holding my breath.
The action kept me flipping the pages and wanting to know what the prophecy is and what is happening.
I felt missing about why the bad guy was after them as what the prophecy is was not mentioned till the middle of the book and even then it was not clear. I was in between the characters going through the story line but I didn't knew what they knew. I was thrust into the world.
But I enjoyed it anyway. I think the questions will be answered in the next two books and more would be told about what is going on and also background about the characters. So am looking forward to read the next two. Got the book in exchange of an honest review.

View all my reviews

The book is free on all the retailer sites  


B&N



About the Author 

 

Melissa is the author of the Frey Saga and Descendants Series. She is currently working on the next book, but when not writing can be found collecting the things she loves at Goodreads and Pinterest.

 Connect with author Melissa Wright